When I call you selfish, you yell and scream at me. I often call you selfish out of anger and you respond with anger. I feel that deep down, you know that you are selfish, which is why you respond the way you do. I wish I could show you your self-centered ways, but I can’t so I guess I will just tell you.
You are selfish when:
- Leave your dirty dishes in the sink
- Leave your wet towels all over the floor
- You forget to put a new roll of toilet paper after you finish the roll
- You eat the last of something without telling anyone
- You buy things I know you cannot afford
- Stay in bed all day when the place is a mess
- Take too long in the bathroom and I have to get ready for work
- Don’t chip in for groceries
- Don’t say thank you
You may deny these things, but I see them every day. I know that’s why you get angry with me when I call you selfish because I know deep down inside, you know it’s true.