I can’t thank you all enough! Another glorious accomplishment thanks to Bexoxo. I can’t thank her enough for nominating me! This blog is not about the words. They are a perk, but I write what I feel and it’s nice to know that I am recognized for something that I love. If you haven’t done so already, please check out her blog. She posts a life story in chronological order. It’s deeply saddening, the story she shares, but it’s amazing accomplishment share something like that.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to them.
How I Started Meet Me in Nevada:
I’ve always wanted to start a blog I just didn’t know what I would post about so I decided to start one after I moved from Kansas to Nevada. It’s like I have a topic to write about, but it actually evolved from just me talking about my move. It’s a big change for me because I have lived in Kansas my whole life. There is a lot that goes into moving, more than just packing boxes. There is an emotional and physical aspect to it as well. This blog kind of helps me cope with changes. I don’t know anyone. I don’t know the area. I don’t know anything really. Everything is new.
Advice to New Bloggers:
- Interact. I cannot emphasize this enough! Many bloggers want others just to read their blog, but you need to read other’s blogs as well. Give to receive. When you read other’s blogs you also need to engage in conversation. You need to do more than put “Great post!” or “Love this” or “Read my post, I wrote something like it.” You actually need to respond like you would in a conversation. Why? Because in the blogging world when people comment on your posts they want to get to know you better. I love reading and commenting on other’s posts. I do it quite frequently. I can keep a conversation going. By doing this, you keep your readers engaged as well your followers.
- It’s not all about the followers. To WordPress is vastly different than social media in terms of followers. Many of the people you connect with on WordPress actually care about you. They see the raw aspect of your life, not the picture-perfect Instagram ready version of you. Blogging is not about having the most followers, it’s about making the long-lasting connections.
Bloggers I nominate:
- NEWTS by OliveMegamean
- Confessions of a Reborn Girl
- Accidently Single
- Living and Learning
These are bloggers that I interact with the most and they interact with me back as well. Like I stated before, you have to give before you can receive. It pays to interact. If you haven’t done so already, check out their wonderful blogs. They are all so inspiring as well as thought provoking.
***Note blogger awards are completely voluntary, you don’t have to do them if you don’t want to. It’s just a way for me to let my blogger friends know that I appreciate your work. It won’t hurt my feelings otherwise.***