Since I received such positive feedback from My Reverse Bucket List, I decided to give a go at another type of bucket list. I didn’t realize how many types of bucket lists that are out there and some are actually quite fun. I found the idea for what would be called The Un-Bucket List. What is The Un-Bucket List? It is a list of things that you have tried and never will try again.
Here is my un-bucket list:
- Binge drink in one night (I was 21 and I had a little too much fun. I was puking my guts out the next day. The saying “remember that one drink that taste like the time you almost died” is true.)
2. Smoke a cigarette (peer pressure is bitch)
3. Babysit while hungover (I like to tell my friends that it is no problem to watch their kids. I need to learn to say no when I’m not feeling well)
3. Put my trust in new people I meet (it got screwed over)
4. Ride the Tower of Tower at Disney World (I heard its closing… Good riddance)
5. Not seek help for my mental illness
6. Eat food without knowing what it is (didn’t realize I would have an allergy to it)
7. Ride a bike down a steep hill
9. Watch the documentary The Nightmare (it scared me shitless and I didn’t get a good night’ sleep for a week).
10. Skip class in college (I’m putting my hard-earned money into schooling and skipping class is like throwing it away)
11. Bleach my hair (it took me two years to grow out. It’s almost all out. One more trip to the hairdresser and I will have my natural jet black hair back)
12. Work for a food industry (people are rude and I have stories of their rudeness)
13. Tell myself that it was okay to let me best friend date the guy liked (we are not friends anymore and it is not because of this reason)
14. Throw out old diaries and journals
15. Have a one night stand (as embarrassing as this is to put this on here it something that I need to amend to myself. It was stupid and reckless)
16. Go on a road trip with someone I don’t get along with (I don’t know why I remember now, but last year back in December two old friends of mine from middle school decided to drive to Elkhart, Kansas, about eight or so hours from my hometown, to go to the funeral of our friend who died in a serious car accident.One friend, I was fine with, the other we had a falling out. It was a long drive (to me at least). She is and always will be a toxic person. I hate to say it but we used her for her car.)
17. Sit through another cheer competition (my house was divided, dance vs. cheer, competitive, I was always dragged to cheer competitions. I hated it)
18. Read Fifty Shades again (the writing was terrible and it’s a sad excuse for a book)
19. Quit an exercise and dietary regimen (last summer I was almost in the best shape of my life. I had lost 4o pounds, felt confident and was fit. I stopped because life happens.)
20. Pierce my own ears (I had originally pierced, they closed up so I re-pierced them. Hurt. Like. Hell)
Why try The Un-Bucket List? It’s almost a funny reminder of all the crazy things you tried and hated or of the things that you never intended to try but found yourself in the situation and disliked. It’s a lot harder than I thought. You can be as explicit as you like. Give it a shot and see what you come with.