This morning I was graciously nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by eshinalidoreen and poeticlife for the second time this week. Such an amazing feat! I am really happy to see that many people are finding inspiration and positivity in my blog. When I first started this blog I had no idea where it was going to go. If you haven’t checked out Doreen’s blog, I highly recommend it.
If you haven’t checked out Doreen’s blog, I highly recommend it! She writes about virtually anything, no topic is untouched! Short stories, relationship advice, and stories from her life. I hope you enjoy reading her posts just as much as I do.
Questions for Me from Doreen
- What do you prefer; Shopping or reading a book? Ooo, that’s a real Sophie’s choice for me. I like both actually.
- Did you ever sing karaoke in public? I have sung karaoke many times. Back in Kansas, there was a popular Mexican restaurant that my friends and I went to that did 99 cent margaritas and karaoke every Thursday night. My friend Keke likes to sing with me. Our go-to song is “The Boys is Mine” by Brandy and Monica. She knows that boy is mine anyways.
- You’ve won 1 million US-Dollars but can’t keep it for yourself – what would you do with it instead? I would give it to my friends and family, they have helped me so much the past few years. It would be the right thing to do.
- If time-travels were possible where -oops! when would you travel; future or the past? Probably to the 80’s where my crazy hair is okay and the music was actually good.
- What brings sunshine into your life? (apart from the sun, of course) When I make someone smile.
- What kind of super-power would you like to have? (like invincibility, telepathy, flying e.t.c) I have answered this question before. Have you ever seen the NBC show, Heroes? It debuted in 2005. Well, there was a character in the series who had the power to absorb a power when he touched another with a power. He didn’t take it, but he took a piece of it. He was able to accumulate so many powers and use them at his disposal. I want that one.
- Do you watch documentaries? Yes! I love them! They are very intellectually stimulating and evoke so much thought. I prefer ones about serial killers, cults, and legends. Right now, my favorite documentary is Killer Legends and Jonestown. Very interesting to watch.
- If you could start your own business – what would it be? I honestly don’t know. I never thought of starting a business.
- How do you handle a stressful day? A glass of wine.
- Who is your dream dinner party guest (whether they are still alive or not?) John Lennon. He was a wise man for his years and if I could have a conversation with him I would. Every time someone asks me this question or I have to write a story about it, I always choose him. He seems like an interesting person to talk to.
Bonus Question: What is your message to the world? Shit happens.
Questions for Me from PoeticLife
- What do you prefer; Shopping or Movie? See above.
- Are you an extrovert or an introvert? I would like to consider myself both actually. I have nights where I enjoy going out and hanging out where the people are and then there are some days where all I want to do is stay home be alone. I relate to both.
- You’ve won 1 million US-Dollars but can’t keep it for yourself – what would you do with it instead? See above
- If time-travels were possible, would you travel? See above
- Who brings a smile on your face the moment you see them? (apart from parents, of course) See above
- What kind of super-power would you like to have? (like invincibility, telepathy, flying e.t.c) See above
- Do you watch anime? If YES, Which one is your favourite one? I do not watch anime. I don’t really like it. My cousin used to force me to watch Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z and Avatar the Last Airbender. I guess that is where my hatred surfaced.
- If you could start your own TV Series – what would it be based on?
- What are your favourite pass time hobbies? Dance. Ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hop, and contemporary. Have you seen So You Think You Can Dance? I used to be quite talented, but I had to give it up when I started college.
- Do you have a secret crush on someone? Yes or No? When I was young my crushes were secrets, but now I don’t care who knows. I have kind of like a crazy, weird stupid crush on Macklemore. I don’t even know why. I don’t even like his music. Just something about him , I guess.
Questions for You
- What is a bad habit of yours?
- What was the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
- If you knew you would never die, what would you do with your time?
- What do you hope for the future?
- What is your favorite movie quote?
- What advice would you give your 15-year-old self?
- What is your dream vacation (real or imaginary)?
- What is something that makes your happy?
- What is a guilty pleasure that you occasionally indulge?
- If there was something in the world you could change, what would it be?
***Note this nomination is completely voluntary. It will not hurt my feelings if you do not accept***